Barleywine Festival February 23 & 24, 2013 - Metro has announced some station closures the weekend of Barleywine Fest 2013. Details are available on the Metro Service Advisory page. The Metro Trip Planner can provide up to date routing.
Mad Fox Brewing Company is located at 444 West Broad Street Suite I, Falls Church, VA 22046 (map). There are entrances on West Broad Street/Route 7 and Pennsylvania Avenue to our free underground 326-space parking garage.
By Car - We are directly on the main road that connects Leesburg and Alexandria - Leesburg Pike. In the City of Falls Church this is also our main street and is named Broad Street within the City. We are Southeast of the I-66/Route 7 intersection and Northwest of the the Route 29 (Lee Highway/Washington Street)/Route 7 intersection.
Here are some hints on avoiding traffic by taking back roads. Drive safely, there are lots of bikers, walkers and kids playing in our surrounding neighborhoods - please yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- From the North - Tysons/McLean - take Great Falls Street South from the Route 123 intersection (map). Turn right onto Pennsylvania Avenue (very small street) immediately after the W&OD Bike Trail (Yield to Bikers!).
- From I-66 East and the Dulles Toll Road VA-267 East - Fairfax/Centreville or Reston/Herndon - take Westmoreland Street I-66 exit #68 and bear right onto Westmoreland Street. Take the first right onto Fairfax Drive. Turn left onto Great Falls Street and take your first right onto Pennsylvania Avenue. Yield to bikers as you cross the W&OD Bike Trail.
- From the East - Arlington - take North Washington Boulevard to Fairfax Drive/Lincoln Avenue. Turn left onto Great Falls Street and take your first right onto Pennsylvania Avenue. Yield to bikers as you cross the W&OD Bike Trail.
- From the South - It's hard to avoid Seven Corners, but Sleepy Hollow Road is a good option.
- From the West - Shreve Road and West Street are good options from the Merrifield area.
Bicycle - We are two blocks from the intersection of the W&OD Bike Trail and Great Falls Street. From the bike trail, go South on Great Falls Street and make your first right onto Pennsylvania Avenue (map). We are two blocks down on your left, after the intersection with Park Avenue. There are bike racks available at Mad Fox on the West Broad Street side, to the left of our outdoor dining area and clockwise around the rear of our building.
Public Transportation - You can walk or take a bus from both the East Falls Church and West Falls Church Metro stations. The best bet for walking is along the W&OD Trail from East Falls Church Metro station (map). From East Falls Church Metro station you can take the 3A and 3B buses Westbound. From West Falls Church Metro station you can take the 3B bus Eastbound. Current bus schedules are available on the WMATA bus schedule page. Bus schedules vary by weekday/weekend/holiday. Please check the Metro Trip Planner for your specific routes, times and dates.
Buses that service the Mad Fox location are:
- 2A/2B/2C/2G - Washington Boulevard Line - Washington Street & Parke Avenue stop, walk to Mad Fox (map)
- 3A/3B - Lee Highway Line
- 28A/28X - Alexandria-Tysons Corner Line
- 28F/28G - Skyline City Line
Dulles Airport Washington Flyer Bus - Long layover at Washington Dulles airport? You can take the Washington Flyer bus to get to Mad Fox for $18 per round trip. The bus takes 25 minutes one-way and runs every 30 minutes. You can take the 3B bus from West Falls Church Metro, $5 taxi ride or a 25 minute walk down Leesburg Pike to Mad Fox. More information on service and schedule at www.washfly.com/flyer_bus_about.htm.