Celebrating Our First Year
It is with great pride that we are able to share our first anniversary with everyone, we made it! Thank you. The City of Falls Church has welcomed us and given us a big reception. The official city motto is The Little City, but we like to call it the Thirsty City. DC area craft beer lovers have embraced Mad Fox Brewing Company and we are very proud of our craft beer focused awards from The Washington Post, The City Paper, Washingtonian and Northern Virginia Magazine. We have built a company with a 90+ person team and we are very proud of them. We had a dream of building our own brewpub and our friends supported us with their savings and their labor during difficult economic times. My lovely wife Beth shared our dream and tirelessly worked the design of Mad Fox to realize the vision. When we look back on what has been accomplished in our first year with so many folks contributing to making the dream a reality, we can be very proud.
Bill Madden, CEO and Executive Brewer, Mad Fox Brewing Company
Mad Fox invites you to an all-day party Saturday, July 16 to celebrate our first anniversary. As a thank you to our loyal patrons, we are offering a free Anniversary Logo Glass to the first 250 people starting at 3PM. We’ll have live music starting at 9PM with the Levi Stephens Band.
- Noon – Tapping draught Oaked Slobberknocker American-style Barleywine
- 3PM – Tapping draught Oaked Wee Heavy Scotch Ale
- 3PM – Keep the Anniversary Glass for the first 250 people to order a Mad Fox beer, restrictions: one per person, over 21 no tasters, no Oaked beers, no refills
- 8PM – First taste of our work in progress Bourbon barrel-aged Batch 100 Strong Black Ale with the broaching of the first small pin cask
- 9PM-1AM – Levi Stephens Band
In addition to our oaked beers, we will have American Pale Ale, Porter and Fennec Ale on cask. All Oaked beers are served in British half-pints, no growlers of these rare beers please.
We’ve lined up some fun bar snacks and menu specials for the occasion:
- House made potato chips with sea salt and black pepper
- Rosemary and cayenne candied mixed nuts
- Sausage rolls with curry ketchup
- Pork schnitzel fingers with mushroom gravy for dipping
- Caramelized Onion And Blue Cheese Tart With Crème Fraiche Appetizer
- Corn, Cucumber, Blueberry And Cilantro Salad
- Prime Rib Dinner
- Crab Stuffed Trout Fillets
More information, as it becomes available, on our One Year Anniversary Celebration web page.